Over the years we’ve seen many homeowners save thousands of Rands in architectural and design fees, not even to mention the amount of time saved. Most have written complimentary emails and message to us and sent us images of their newly built homes. Still, we have noticed that some customers prefer to have some changes made to their house plans to better suit their particular lifestyles and needs. As a result, we now offer two, very simple options that have worked perfectly for most of our customers in the past:
Buying house plans with an option of a CAD file and take the file to your local architect/designer for them to do the changes for you.
Generally, our customers feel a lot more comfortable once they get to work with us. As a result, we’ve offered some of our customers the services of undertaking some design changes for them. So we’ve made it possible for you to order any house plans and then request changes to be made to it. This way, you will still be saving enough time and money than if you were to start a new custom design from scratch. And be rest assured that we have the experience and expertise to read through your changes and provide you with just the kind of design that will make your family proud.
Here are some of the modifications that you can request:
- Increase the sizes of rooms
- Add or remove certain rooms
- Reduce/increase the total size of a house plans
- Remove add door/windows to any of the rooms
- Change the roof and style of the house to a preferred roof/style
What will the modifications cost?
We’ve always kept our prices lower than the industry average. By sending us your request for modifications form, we will be able to look into the type of changes you want and then to prepare a FREE quote for you. Where there’ll be more information required from you for us to prepare the quote, our design consultants will get in touch with you to request this information.
All of our modifications are based on an hourly rate. Any changes that can be done by our design office will be charged at R850.00 per hour. Fees will depend directly on the amount of changes being requested.
- First fill out our contact form.
- (Indicate the house plans code you wish to modify and a list of the modifications you require)
- Try and be specific when describing your changes. For example, Do Not say: “Increase bedroom, make dining room open plan”… Instead be more specific and say:
- Increase bedroom by 1m on the side where there is window.
- Make dining room open plan with kitchen by removing the dividing wall.
- Attach any supporting sketches or image files that will assist in the modification request.
- Obtain a quote from us for the modification work. The quote will show the detailed proposal outlining the cost & time it will take to make your requested modifications.
- Accept the quote and Pay the original house plans price.
- We will send you a sketch showing your proposed modifications
- On acceptance of the sketch, you will pay the agreed upon modification cost.
- Detailed architectural house plans will then be completed by us and sent to you by method chosen when you ordered the architectural house plans.
So you want to meet with us to discuss?
We get requests for modifications all of the time. Each request must be researched. There are no quick and easy answers. Architectural plans are a collection of documents illustrating a home’s connected systems. Calculating the time a modification will take and how the modification will impact the rest of the structure requires knowledge and thought. In order for us to recover these costs, we levy a consultation fee of R850.00 per hour. However the email option remains FREE of charges. If you decide to proceed with the consultation, the R850.00 consultation fee is payable prior to the consultation. To request consultation today, please feel free to send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and write a brief description of the type of changes you need and the plans code in question.