Dedicated Custom Design Services
Nethouseplans is well known for its collection of modern pre-drawn home plans. Our house plans have the potential for customization. Our proven track record for design excellence and accuracy has provided our customers with a cost efficient service for a number of years now. Most of our stock plans can meet most customer’s needs without a need for customization. However, if you’re looking for a truly personalized custom design that is exclusively created only for you and your family, then we are here for you.
Nethouseplans has all the resources to help you to quickly and efficiently satisfy all your architecture and property planning needs. Our primary concern is people, their immediate environment and quality of their lives. We work very closely with our customers through a unique participatory custom design process.
To make use of our custom design service is easy, quick and efficient. Just contact us by visiting our “Contact Us” page today and fill in the basic information regarding your project. One of our design consultants will contact you to obtain the necessary information so that we can prepare a preliminary quote. Once the quote is accepted in principle, we will arrange consultation or delivery of additional information as part of the briefing phase. Once we’re satisfied with all the information provided, we will then review or confirm the initial quote before the actual work can proceed. Our custom design process is divided into three phases. Here are the usual work and payment phases to be followed:
Stage 1: Inception (20% fees payable @ acceptance of the quote)
Receive, appraise and report on the client‘s requirements with regard to:
- The Brief – We conduct an in-depth discussion to ascertain the client’s custom design requirements
- Conduct an analysis of the site. Among other factors, this will include consideration of the plot’s topography, access, orientation, views, vegetation, soil type, local precedents, etc.
NB. Given today’s technological advances and readily available online information, for most plots, a site visit is NOT necessary in order to obtain the above information
- The budget – We start with the project budget in mind and review the client’s requirements and choices against the budget.
- We peruse the applicable municipal town planning and HOA rights and constraints applicable to the site.
- Where applicable, advise on the need for other consultants (ie. Structural engineer, quantity surveyor, etc.)
- Provide a project programme. We advise the client on the estimated timelines regarding the various architectural stages. These will include the following:-
- Preliminary Designs
- Revisions (if any)
- Provision of Detailed Drawings
Stage 2: Concept & Design Development (60% fees payable @ approval of design schematics)
Prepare an initial design clearly indicating the following:
- Intended space provisions, floor layout and planning relationships
- Schematics and design concept (Incl. 3D Computer Models)*
- the technical and functional characteristics of the design
- Design review and revision (if any).
- Approval of the design schematics by the client.
* All Design schematics are emailed to the client for review and subsequent approval. Any design inputs are well communicated with the client. The client can also submit the schematics to their HOA (where applicable)
Stage 3: Construction Working Drawings (20% fees payable @ completion of Detailed Drawings)
- Review the design and integrate any comments from the client
- Prepare Construction Drawings for your submission to Local Authorities
- Provide an Architectural Compliance Certificate to enable the client to undertake the submission of plans to the municipality, etc.